Olympia Pie Fest 2016 Pie Baking Contest Rules
Saturday, February 27
10:00 am – 11:30 am
Olympia Center 222 Columbia St NW, Olympia Washington
- Contestants must bring two of the same pie for each entry.
- One pie will be cut for judging with the remaining pieces sold; and the other will be cut or sold whole. All sales benefit the Thurston County Food Bank and Senior Nutrition Program.
- Please bring pies in disposable 8-, 9-, or 10-inch pie pans – pie plates will not be returned.
- Pies must be dropped off at the Olympia Center Multi Service Room between
10 am and 11:30 on Saturday February 27th. Judging begins at 11:45 am.
- Entry fee (per entry) is $5 or 5 cans of quality food product.
- Pie crusts and fillings must be made from scratch. Please don’t submit a pie made with store bought crusts, dough or canned fillings.
- Pies that require refrigeration will not be accepted. (For example, but not limited to, cream fillings, meringues, custards, home canned fillings and pumpkin.) No cream cheese or dairy toppings such as ice cream or cream may be added to the pie. We do accept nut pies (those that do not require refrigeration).
- You may enter as many times as you want.
- This contest is for amateur and novice bakers only. In other words, if you make your living by baking pies, we hope you will consider donating pie and joining us to eat pie and buy raffle tickets to support the fundraiser.
- Pies are scored on appearance, crust and overall taste/flavor using this score card.
- For more information: visit www.olypie.org; email email@example.com or write: Olympia Pie Bakers Guild, c/o P Currington, Post Office Box 425, Olympia, WA 98507