Pie Baking Contest Rules
Saturday ~ February 18, 2012
– Contestants must bring two of the same pie for each entry.
Ø One pie will be cut for judging with the remaining pieces sold; and the other will be cut or sold whole. All sales benefit the Thurston County Food Bank and Senior Nutrition Program.
– Please bring pies in disposable 8-, 9-, or 10-inch pie pans – pie plates will not be returned.
– Pies must be dropped off at the Olympia Center Multi Service Room between
10 – 11:30 am on Saturday February 18th. Judging begins at 11:30 am.
Contestants may return at 1:00 pm. Winners in the three age categories will be announced beginning at 1:15.
– Entry fee (per entry) is $5 or 5 cans of quality food product.
– Pie fillings MUST NOT contain any dairy products. For example, cream fillings, meringues, custards, cream cheese or pumpkin (if it contains dairy.) No dairy toppings such as ice cream or cream may be added to the top of the pie. If it needs refrigeration, we cannot accept it. (Vegan is good!) For more information on potentially hazardous foods, please see the Bake Sale Guidelines at www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehfood
– Pie crusts must be homemade. Please don’t submit a pie with a store bought crust.
– This contest is for amateur and novice bakers only. In other words, if you make your living by baking pies we hope you will consider joining us to eat pie and buy raffle tickets to support the fundraiser.
– For more information: visit www.olybakers.com or email email@example.com or write: Olympia Bakers Guild c/o Paul, Post Office Box 425, Olympia, WA 98507. Call with questions 360.628.4480.
Email a completed Entry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send it in the mail to OBG c/ Paul at PO Box 425 Olympia WA 98507
(if for some reason you can’t download the form from the website, email and we’ll send it to you in a Word document)
Entry Forms available day of event to – just get to the Olympia Center with your two pies between 10-11:30 am - Saturday, February 18
Payment of $5 or 5 cans of food collected when you drop off your pies
___ up to 12 years of age
___ 13 to 18 years of age
___ 19 and over